Wanna subscribe to my post via RSS Feed?

03 June 2008

Chettinad Chicken-Superb Recipe! Easy to cook and tastes wonderful!

Wow! I ordered a Chettinad Chicken when I went out for dinner with my family. What should I say? It was simply superb.I have had the same dish so many times in other restaurant, but this had unique taste.

My wife was impressed and she pestered me to obtain the secret recipe from the chef.I had to bribe two levels of the waiters to get the paper with the secret recipe on. I was happy to sell out bucks on this recipe on the expectation that wife will cook the dish for me, the same way, at home.

As a Samaritan, I thought I would share the recipe with you all. Do not ever let my wife know; else, I will be the dead chicken the next day!

Keeping that in mind here is the recipe, as it was on the paper.

CHETTINADU CHICKEN

Chicken 1
Onion 2
Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tbsp
Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
Red chili 4-5
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Garlic paste 2 tbsp
Ginger paste 2 tbsp
Oil 1/2 cup
Chili powder 1 tbsp
Tomato 2
Lemon 1
Cinnamon stick 1 inch

Method:

As always, wash and clean the chicken and cut into pieces. Medium pieces will be fine. Chop the onions and tomatoes into slices. You get the pan heated with some oil and fry the red chilies, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, fennel seeds until they are medium roasted. Heat some oil in another pan and fry the onions until it is golden brown.

To the same pan add the curry leaves, ginger, garlic paste and the ground paste and fry for couple of minutes. Do not over do it or you will have burnt odor. You need to do it until the aroma spews out. Now add tomatoes the tomatoes, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder, salt and stir well. No drop the chicken mix into the pan and cook for 5 minutes before pouring two cups of water. After adding the lemon juice cook until the chicken is cooked. Spread some coriander leaves and leave the chicken as it for some time, covered. Serve hot! Goes well with rice, chapattis.

Have a nice food!









0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Did you like it? Then Share it!

About!

I am a Software Engineer. I blog when awake! My interests are varied, spanning across software, bodybuilding, travel, cooking, reading, and more or less, everything under the Sun. Started blogging as a hobby, currently have multiple blogs on niche topics.

Locations of visitors to this page